Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Google's Motorola to launch Moto X in Europe
Wednesday - 1/15/2014, 3:00am EST
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) -- Google is seeking to expand sales of its mainstay Moto X smartphone by offering it to buyers in Britain, France and Germany.
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google Inc., said Tuesday that the phone would reach consumers in early February through multiple partners including Britain's Carphone Warehouse and Germany's Media Markt.
Prices in Britain will start at 25 pounds a month on a contract or 380 pounds without. In Germany, the price will be 399 euros ($546).
Moto X uses Google's Android operating system and works on high-speed data networks. Some functions can be accessed without touching the phone through the Google Now voice recognition system.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.