Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Futures lower as retailers begin to post earnings
Wednesday - 11/13/2013, 9:49am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stock futures are falling as retailers begin to post quarterly earnings, the last direct assessment of the mood of the U.S. consumer before the holiday shopping season begins in earnest.
Markets overseas tumbled early Wednesday, however, with no bold economic reforms announced at the pivotal meeting of Communist Party leaders in Beijing.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 62 points to 15,648. S&P futures have given up 5 points to 1,760.10. Nasdaq futures are down 14 points to 3,350.50.
Macy's surprised investors Wednesday, easily topping most expectations for the third quarter.
Investors have been leery about the health of retailers this year, with so many Americans unwilling to spend as they once had amid a painfully slow economic recovery.
Wal-Mart, Nordstrom and Kohl's report their quarterly earnings on Thursday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.