Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ahead of the Bell: Macy's to report earnings
Wednesday - 11/13/2013, 7:00am EST
The Associated Press
Macy's third-quarter results, expected before the market opens Wednesday, should show insight into its customers' spending habits heading into the all-important holiday season.
The department store chain, based in Cincinnati, has found success tailoring merchandise to local markets. But like other clothing retailers, Macy's saw sales slow down over the summer amid new worries about the economy. Consumers also shifted their spending toward bigger-ticket items like homes and cars. Analysts will be watching to see if sluggish sales continued into the fall, and whether the partial government shutdown crimped revenue.
Also of interest: any more details on how Macy's will compete during the fiercely competitive holiday shopping season, which accounts for 20 percent to 40 percent of retailers' annual revenue. Macy's has said that it will open on Thanksgiving evening for the first time ever.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.