Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Orange diamond fetches $35.5M at Geneva auction
Tuesday - 11/12/2013, 6:48pm EST
GENEVA (AP) -- The largest fancy vivid orange diamond ever sold at auction went for $35.5 million in Geneva, where a pink diamond estimated to be worth more than $60 million is also on the block.
The rare pear-shaped orange diamond sold Tuesday is 14.82-carats, meaning it went for an eye-popping $2.4 million per carat. That's a world record price per carat for any colored diamond sold at auction, Christie's said.
François Curiel, international head of Christie's jewelry department, said the orange diamond's record price puts it "amongst the greatest pinks and blues, which are traditionally the most appreciated colored diamonds."
Sotheby's auctions are headlined by Wednesday's offering of "The Pink Star," a vivid and flawless 59.60-carat pink diamond.
Geneva is a favorite auction site for buyers seeking gems and other luxury items.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.