Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
German factory orders post strong rise
Wednesday - 11/6/2013, 12:10pm EST
BERLIN (AP) -- German factory orders in September rose an unexpectedly strong 3.3 percent on the month, thanks to a particularly robust increase in foreign demand.
The Federal Statistical Office said Wednesday that while domestic orders of big-ticket items dropped 1 percent over August, orders from outside Germany rose 6.8 percent. Economists had been predicting a lower overall rise of 0.5 percent, following drops of 0.3 percent in August and 1.9 percent in July.
UniCredit economist Andreas Rees said that the figures point to accelerating industrial demand from major export markets like France, Italy and Spain.
"Even if one cannot draw any far-reaching macroeconomic conclusions from the latest eurozone data, it is the perfect wake-up call for all the growth pessimists still out there," he said in a research note.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.