Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Handful of weak earnings stall the stock market
Tuesday - 11/5/2013, 4:36pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Weak earnings reports from a handful of U.S. companies are tugging stock indexes slightly lower.
Tenet Healthcare plunged after the hospital operator said its third-quarter profit fell as its absorbed costs associated with its acquisition of Vanguard Health Systems. Delphi Automotive dropped after the company cut its earnings forecast.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell five points, or 0.3 percent, to close at 1,762 Tuesday.
The Dow Jones industrial average lost 20 points, or 0.1 percent, to 15,618 points. The Nasdaq composite edged up three points, or less than 0.1 percent, to 3,939.
The market is still close to record levels after a surge that has put the S&P 500 on track for its best performance since 2009. The index is up 23 percent this year.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.