Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GOP's Sen. Ayotte wants health care 'time out'
Wednesday - 11/6/2013, 9:02pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A moderate Republican senator is calling for a "time out" in the implementation of President Barack Obama's new health care program.
New Hampshire's Sen. Kelly Ayotte (AY'-aht) tells "CBS This Morning" that with the problems in the plan's roll-out, it's necessary to regroup.
The Healthcare.gov web site has been plagued with access problems and at least 3.5 million Americans have received cancellation notices.
Ayotte said the problems go "much deeper than the website."
She adds, quote, "I would like us to take a complete time out and let us work together." Ayotte advocated convening a bipartisan group of lawmakers, saying, "Let's see how we can get this right for the people." Ayotte says she has supported repealing what administration critics call "Obamacare," but says that's not going to happen.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.