Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
S&P 500 index edges up to another record close
Monday - 10/21/2013, 4:48pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Standard & Poor's 500 index edged up to another record high as investors assessed third-quarter earnings news.
The S&P 500 index inched up sixteen-hundredths of a point Monday to close at 1,744.66, just above the all-time high it closed at on Friday.
The Dow Jones industrial average slipped seven points, or 0.1 percent, to 15,392. The Nasdaq composite increased nearly six points, or 0.2 percent, to 3,920.
Hasbro rose $2.48, or 5.2 percent, to $49.72 after the toymaker reported big gains in sales of girls' toys.
Homebuilders fell on news that sales of previously occupied homes declined last month because of higher mortgage rates and home prices.
Slightly more stocks fell than rose on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was below average at 3 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.