Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
S&P 500 index edges up to another record close
Monday - 10/21/2013, 4:48pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Standard & Poor's 500 index edged up to another record high as investors assessed third-quarter earnings news.
The S&P 500 index inched up sixteen-hundredths of a point Monday to close at 1,744.66, just above the all-time high it closed at on Friday.
The Dow Jones industrial average slipped seven points, or 0.1 percent, to 15,392. The Nasdaq composite increased nearly six points, or 0.2 percent, to 3,920.
Hasbro rose $2.48, or 5.2 percent, to $49.72 after the toymaker reported big gains in sales of girls' toys.
Homebuilders fell on news that sales of previously occupied homes declined last month because of higher mortgage rates and home prices.
Slightly more stocks fell than rose on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was below average at 3 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.