Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US stocks end mixed, close out a strong July
Wednesday - 7/31/2013, 5:07pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market is ending mixed after wavering in response to the Federal Reserve's latest assessment of the U.S. economy.
July was still the best month for the market since January.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 21 points, or 0.1 percent, to 15,499 Wednesday.
The Dow was up most of the day after the government reported that the U.S. economy grew more than economists expected in the second quarter.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index lost a fraction of a point to end at 1,685. The Nasdaq rose 10 points, or 0.3 percent, to 3,626.
Bond yields fell after the Fed said it would continue to support the economy.
Slightly more stocks rose then fell on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was above average at 3.8 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.