Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Bank of England's new governor starts work
Monday - 7/1/2013, 9:18am EDT
LONDON (AP) -- Canadian Mark Carney, the first non-Brit to run the Bank of England in its 319-year history, has started work amid hopes that he can help revive the economy.
Carney beamed as he arrived by underground before 7 a.m. on Monday. Looming on his agenda is a Monetary Policy Committee later this week. The nine committee members will discuss whether to expand a stimulus plan that has pumped 375 billion pounds ($579 billion) into the economy since 2009.
The economy is still struggling. It grew just 0.3 percent in the first quarter this year compared with the previous quarter.
The 48-year-old has been lauded for steering Canada through the 2008 financial crisis and for overseeing the fastest recovery of any G-8 country.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.