Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
US stock futures up ahead of manufacturing data
Monday - 7/1/2013, 9:52am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- U.S. stock futures are rising ahead of new data on manufacturing and construction.
Dow Jones industrial futures are up 76 points to 14,900. S&P futures have added 7.2 points to 1,606.50. Nasdaq futures are up 17.25 points to 2,918.50.
Economists say that manufacturing picked up in June following the first contraction in six months. The Institute for Supply Management releases its manufacturing index at 10 a.m. EDT Monday.
Construction is also expected to have jumped in May due to a rebounding housing sector. The Commerce Department report will be released at 10 a.m. as well.
Global markets are rising as well despite signs that China's economy is slowing.
China's manufacturing weakened again in June amid a credit crunch and slower U.S. and European orders, according to HSBC's purchasing managers' index.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.