Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Stock market ends choppy day with modest gains
Thursday - 6/6/2013, 6:06pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market is ending higher after another choppy day of trading.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 80 points to close at 15,040 points Thursday, a gain of 0.5 percent. Indexes slumped at midday, then rose through the afternoon.
Trading was volatile as investors reacted to market declines in Europe and looked ahead to the Labor Department's monthly jobs report, which comes out Friday.
Retail stocks mostly rose after several store chains, including Costco, reported higher sales for May.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 13 points to 1,622, a gain of 0.9 percent. The Nasdaq composite rose 22 points to 3,424 points, up 0.7 percent.
Four stocks rose for every one that fell on the New York Stock Exchange. Trading volume was average at 3.5 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.