Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Renault 1st quarter sales slide on weak Europe
Wednesday - 4/24/2013, 1:50pm EDT
PARIS (AP) -- Renault says that sales of its cars slumped 12.6 percent in the first quarter as Europe's sliding economies hit automakers across the continent.
The French car maker says it made 7.74 billion euros ($10.1 billion) in sales from its auto making operations in the January-March period, down from 8.85 billion euros a year earlier.
Renault's first quarter performance was even weaker than French rival PSA Peugeot Citroen, which posted a 10.3 percent drop in car sales in the quarter.
In Europe, where the auto market is contracting for a sixth consecutive year, Renault fared slightly better than its French rival, with deliveries down 11.6 percent in Europe compared with 16.9 percent for Peugeot Citroen.
Including its financing arm, Renault group sales were down 11.8 percent at 8.27 billion euros.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.