Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Stocks mixed as major companies report earnings
Monday - 4/22/2013, 10:24am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks are opening little changed on Wall Street as investors get ready for earnings news from major U.S. companies.
Nearly one-third of the 30 companies in the Dow Jones industrial average report first-quarter results this week.
In early trading Monday the Dow was off 19 points at 14,526, a decline of 0.1 percent.
The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index was up less than a point at 1,554, or 0.1 percent.
The Nasdaq composite rose five points to 3,211, an increase of 0.2 percent.
Toy maker Hasbro and the energy company Halliburton turned in results that beat the forecasts of Wall Street analysts, and their stocks rose.
Caterpillar, a heavy equipment maker, slipped after reporting that a slowdown in the mining business hurt its results.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.