Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Futures rising as heart of earnings season begins
Monday - 4/22/2013, 9:54am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Futures are rising to start a week in which a third of the Dow Jones Industrial Average reports quarterly earnings.
Dow Jones industrial futures are up 48 points to 14,518. S&P futures have added 5.9 points to 1,553.50. Nasdaq futures are up 14.25 points to 2,782.50.
Monday offered a mixed scorecard. Hasbro and Halliburton beat Wall Street expectations. Caterpillar, a big bellwether for economic growth, slid in premarket trading after a tough quarter. It also cut its outlook for the year.
Earnings only heat up from here.
Netflix posts earnings after the bell Monday and on Tuesday, DuPont, AT&T, US Airways and Apple report.
The National Association of Realtors reports March sales of previously-owned homes on Monday. Economists expect sales rose to just over 5 million.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.