Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US stock futures mixed on weekly jobs report
Thursday - 4/11/2013, 9:53am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stock futures were mixed Thursday as U.S. retailers posted March sales, and the government released jobs data.
Dow Jones industrial futures rose 17 points to 14,750. The broader S&P futures added 1.5 points to 1,584.20. Nasdaq futures fell 4.75 points to 2,848.50.
Same-store sales at Costco rose 4 percent last month, less than Wall Street had expected. The wholesale club cited volatile gasoline prices and foreign exchange rates.
Investors shook off the miss and Costco shares rose in premarket trading.
Jobs data posted by the Labor Department eased concerns about the weak March jobs report released Friday.
The number of Americans seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell sharply last week to a seasonally adjusted 346,000.
After the government said last week that businesses added only 88,000 jobs in March after averaging 220,000 the previous four months, the new figures suggest that a recovery is still underway.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.