Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Google to invest $390m in data center in Belgium
Thursday - 4/11/2013, 9:10am EDT
BRUSSELS (AP) -- Internet search giant Google says it is investing 300 million euros ($390 million) to expand its continental European data center.
Google Inc. said Wednesday it will upgrade the facility in Belgium to meet growing demand for its online services.
The information underpinning Google's services -- Internet search requests, Gmail or YouTube -- is processed in industrial-scale data centers such as the Belgian plant in St. Ghislain southwest of Brussels.
Google says the center currently has some 120 employees and is one of the most energy-efficient facilities of its kind.
The company, based in Mountain View, California operates other data centers catering for the European market in Ireland and Finland.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.