Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
AT&T to take orders for Galaxy S 4 on April 16
Friday - 3/29/2013, 1:50pm EDT
AP Technology Writer
NEW YORK (AP) -- AT&T says it will start taking pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S 4, the season's most eagerly awaited smartphone, on April 16 for $250.
The amount is $50 above the usual introductory price for high-end smartphones.
AT&T didn't say when the phone will go on sale in stores, or when the pre-orders will be delivered, but pre-orders usually start a week or two before deliveries.
The S 4 is the successor to the Galaxy S III, which has been the biggest competitor to Apple's iPhone. AT&T is the first U.S. carrier to announce a price and pre-order date, but others have said they'll sell the phone. British carriers started taking pre-orders on Thursday.
The Galaxy S 4 comes with a slightly bigger screen, a larger battery and a faster processor.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.