Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
TNT Express mail company to cut 4,000 jobs
Monday - 3/25/2013, 2:20pm EDT
AMSTERDAM (AP) -- TNT Express NV, the Dutch-based package delivery company, says it will restructure operations, taking EUR150 million ($195 million) in charges and cutting 4,000 jobs, or 6 percent of its work force, by the end of 2015.
The news comes after a proposed EUR5.2 billion takeover by United Parcel Services Inc. was blocked by European regulators in January because the combined company would be too dominant in European express mail. At Friday's close, TNT's market capitalization had slumped to EUR3.25 billion.
TNT said Monday it will dispose of its Brazilian and Chinese operations.
In 2012 the company posted a net loss of EUR83 million on revenues of EUR7.33 billion. Former Chief Executive Marie-Christine Lombard departed before the takeover process was complete and CFO Bernard Bot is acting as interim CEO.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.