Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Dow extends streak to 10, its longest since 1996
Thursday - 3/14/2013, 5:08pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow Jones industrial average has reached another milestone, recording its longest winning streak since 1996.
The index rose for the tenth day in a row Thursday, gaining 83 points to close at 14,539, an increase of 0.6 percent.
It broke through its previous all-time high March 5th and has kept going. The Dow has had only three longer winning streaks in its history.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index closed less than two points below its own record high, gaining eight points to close at 1,563, a gain of 0.6 percent.
The Nasdaq composite rose 13 points, or 0.4 percent, to 3,258.
Two stocks fell for every one that rose on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was lighter than average at 3.4 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.