Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Stocks mixed despite strong retail sales report
Wednesday - 3/13/2013, 12:07pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks are mixed on Wall Street despite an unexpectedly strong increase in U.S. consumer spending last month.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down eight points to 14,441 shortly before noon Eastern time Wednesday. The index rose for an eighth straight day Tuesday, the longest streak of advances in more than two years.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index was unchanged at 1,552. The Nasdaq composite fell one point to 3,241.
Americans spent at the fastest pace in five months in February, boosting retail spending 1.1 percent compared with January. That's better than economists expected.
Stocks of retail companies rose. Macy's rose 1 percent and Best Buy was up 3 percent.
Dole fell 8 percent after the fruit company's results fell short of Wall Street's estimates.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.