Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Unions at Spain's Iberia agree to end strike
Wednesday - 3/13/2013, 11:50am EDT
MADRID (AP) -- Unions representing most workers at Spanish airline Iberia have cancelled strikes planned for next week to protest staff layoffs.
The cancellation Wednesday comes after the unions accepted a mediator's proposal that reduces the number of planned layoffs by 666 to 3,141, or some 15 percent of Iberia's workforce.
The company accepted the proposal last weekend.
The unions staged strikes between Feb. 18-22 and March 4-8 and were due to resume the stoppages March 18-22.
International Airlines Group, which owns British Airways and Iberia, lost EUR923 million ($1.20 billion) last year on restructuring costs and writedowns on the value of Iberia.
Spain is in its second recession in three years and has 26 percent unemployment
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.