Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Dow average ekes out an eighth straight gain
Tuesday - 3/12/2013, 4:39pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow is logging its longest winning streak in two years -- barely.
A tiny gain gave the Dow Jones industrial average its eighth straight increase Tuesday, long enough to match its longest series of gains since February 2011.
The Dow ended up two points at 14,450. The index wavered between small gains and losses for most of the day.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell three points to 1,552. The Nasdaq composite dropped 10 points to 3,242.
Merck was the biggest gainer in the Dow after the drugmaker said a data safety monitoring board recommended that a study of its cholesterol drug Vytorin should continue.
Three stocks fell for every two that rose on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was light at 3.1 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.