Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Dow average ekes out an eighth straight gain
Tuesday - 3/12/2013, 4:39pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow is logging its longest winning streak in two years -- barely.
A tiny gain gave the Dow Jones industrial average its eighth straight increase Tuesday, long enough to match its longest series of gains since February 2011.
The Dow ended up two points at 14,450. The index wavered between small gains and losses for most of the day.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell three points to 1,552. The Nasdaq composite dropped 10 points to 3,242.
Merck was the biggest gainer in the Dow after the drugmaker said a data safety monitoring board recommended that a study of its cholesterol drug Vytorin should continue.
Three stocks fell for every two that rose on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was light at 3.1 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.