Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US futures rise; Dow closes in on record high
Tuesday - 3/5/2013, 9:40am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- U.S. stock futures are rising after a volatile start to the week and the Dow is again within striking distance of an all-time closing high.
Dow Jones industrial futures are up 31 points to 13,147. S&P futures have added 4 points to 1,529.70. Nasdaq futures are up 11.5 points to 2,771.50.
Futures do not necessarily foretell which way the market will go at the opening bell, but there are catalysts for a run at the market peak reached in October 2007, just before the recession hit.
Home prices rose 9.7 percent in January from a year ago, according to data released Tuesday by CoreLogic. That's the biggest annual gain since April 2006.
The U.S. housing market may be hitting its stride just ahead of the spring selling season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.