Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
US futures rise; Dow closes in on record high
Tuesday - 3/5/2013, 9:40am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- U.S. stock futures are rising after a volatile start to the week and the Dow is again within striking distance of an all-time closing high.
Dow Jones industrial futures are up 31 points to 13,147. S&P futures have added 4 points to 1,529.70. Nasdaq futures are up 11.5 points to 2,771.50.
Futures do not necessarily foretell which way the market will go at the opening bell, but there are catalysts for a run at the market peak reached in October 2007, just before the recession hit.
Home prices rose 9.7 percent in January from a year ago, according to data released Tuesday by CoreLogic. That's the biggest annual gain since April 2006.
The U.S. housing market may be hitting its stride just ahead of the spring selling season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.