Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Buffett: 'No thanks' on buying Tribune papers
Monday - 3/4/2013, 1:58pm EST
AP Business Writer
Warren Buffett has been buying newspapers recently but says he's not interested in the big papers owned by Tribune Co.
Buffett spoke about his recent interest in the newspaper business on CNBC Monday. His Berkshire Hathaway will own 28 daily newspapers in small and mid-sized cities once its acquisition of the Tulsa World is complete.
When asked if he wants to buy a batch of papers that includes the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune, he says, "No thanks."
Buffett says the papers that are going to make money will be those in a tight-knit community that wants local news.
He says that even the smaller papers have smaller profit margins than most other companies that Berkshire Hathaway invests in.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.