Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US futures dip on efforts to cool housing in China
Monday - 3/4/2013, 9:52am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- U.S. stock futures are following a sell-off in China after it put into place new measures to slow a white-hot housing market.
Dow Jones industrial futures fell 20 points to 14,054 Monday. The broader S&P futures have lost 1.7 points to 1,514.80. Nasdaq futures are down 7 points to 2,741.75.
China announced taxes on housing profits that will weigh on overall housing prices.
The U.S. is already seeing major industries affected by the debt crisis in Europe and a cooling economy in China, the world's second largest economy, would be felt here.
It is a light week for economic indicators until Friday when the Commerce Department releases its jobs report for February. Employers have added an average of 200,000 jobs a month from November through January.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.