Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
French official: No more austerity this year
Monday - 3/4/2013, 7:00am EST
PARIS (AP) -- France's finance minister says his government won't enact any more austerity measures this year, even though it has acknowledged it won't meet its deficit goal because of slow growth.
The French government had promised to reduce its deficit to 3 percent of gross domestic product this year to bring it into line with European Union rules and help right the economy. But now France says that will be impossible and has asked the European Union for an extension.
Still, Pierre Moscovici says the government would not heap more tax hikes or spending cuts on the country this year. He said such measures would be counterproductive since they can slow growth even further.
He said on French television Sunday: "We refuse to add austerity to the recession."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.