Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Miss Spain organizer files for insolvency
Wednesday - 2/20/2013, 7:10am EST
MADRID (AP) -- The company which organizes the Miss Spain beauty contest has filed for protection from creditors, the latest victim of the country's crippling economic crisis.
Spain's official state gazette said Wednesday that Certamen Miss Espana S.L. had declared insolvency and would have a month to present its debts. The company could not be immediately contacted for comment.
The Miss Spain competition has struggled economically for several years and was not held last year.
The country is struggling to emerge from its second recession in three years following the collapse of the construction sector. The unemployment rate is 26 percent.
The announcement came a day after a major real estate developer, Reyal Urbis, also filed for protection from creditors, the biggest since top developer Martinsa-Fadesa filed for protection in 2008.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.