Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Miss Spain organizer files for insolvency
Wednesday - 2/20/2013, 7:10am EST
MADRID (AP) -- The company which organizes the Miss Spain beauty contest has filed for protection from creditors, the latest victim of the country's crippling economic crisis.
Spain's official state gazette said Wednesday that Certamen Miss Espana S.L. had declared insolvency and would have a month to present its debts. The company could not be immediately contacted for comment.
The Miss Spain competition has struggled economically for several years and was not held last year.
The country is struggling to emerge from its second recession in three years following the collapse of the construction sector. The unemployment rate is 26 percent.
The announcement came a day after a major real estate developer, Reyal Urbis, also filed for protection from creditors, the biggest since top developer Martinsa-Fadesa filed for protection in 2008.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.