Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Miss Spain organizer files for insolvency
Wednesday - 2/20/2013, 7:10am EST
MADRID (AP) -- The company which organizes the Miss Spain beauty contest has filed for protection from creditors, the latest victim of the country's crippling economic crisis.
Spain's official state gazette said Wednesday that Certamen Miss Espana S.L. had declared insolvency and would have a month to present its debts. The company could not be immediately contacted for comment.
The Miss Spain competition has struggled economically for several years and was not held last year.
The country is struggling to emerge from its second recession in three years following the collapse of the construction sector. The unemployment rate is 26 percent.
The announcement came a day after a major real estate developer, Reyal Urbis, also filed for protection from creditors, the biggest since top developer Martinsa-Fadesa filed for protection in 2008.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.