Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Dow closes at highest of the year, nearing record
Tuesday - 2/12/2013, 5:28pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow is closing at its highest level of the year, coming within one percent of its record reached in October 2007.
The latest gain was powered by impressive results from two big consumer brands, Avon and luxury clothing maker Michael Kors.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 47 points to 14,018 Tuesday, putting it within 146 points of its record high of 14,164.
Avon surged 20 percent after its quarterly loss was less than analysts feared. Michael Kors rose 9 percent after its results impressed investors.
The Dow surged at the start of the year, logging its best January in almost two decades.
Two stocks rose for every one that fell on the New York Stock Exchange. Trading was lighter than the recent average at 3.3 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.