Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Futures mixed with export, wholesale data on deck
Friday - 2/8/2013, 8:31am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stock futures are mixed before the government releases a pair of reports that could provide some direction for investors trying to gauge the pace of the economic rebound.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 6 points to 13,892. The broader S&P futures slipped a tenth of a point to 1,505.20. Nasdaq futures are up 3.75 points to 2,745.75.
The Commerce Department reports Friday on the December trade deficit. Economists expect that the deficit narrowed, which would signal slightly stronger growth than was originally thought.
A decline in exports, notably in November, is one of the reasons that the economy shrank at an annual rate of 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter.
Another reason was the reluctance of business owners to build stockpiles. Commerce will reveal how much wholesalers adjusted those stockpiles in December.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.