Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Futures mixed with export, wholesale data on deck
Friday - 2/8/2013, 8:31am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stock futures are mixed before the government releases a pair of reports that could provide some direction for investors trying to gauge the pace of the economic rebound.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 6 points to 13,892. The broader S&P futures slipped a tenth of a point to 1,505.20. Nasdaq futures are up 3.75 points to 2,745.75.
The Commerce Department reports Friday on the December trade deficit. Economists expect that the deficit narrowed, which would signal slightly stronger growth than was originally thought.
A decline in exports, notably in November, is one of the reasons that the economy shrank at an annual rate of 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter.
Another reason was the reluctance of business owners to build stockpiles. Commerce will reveal how much wholesalers adjusted those stockpiles in December.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.