Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Finnair turns a profit in Q4 after cost cuts
Friday - 2/8/2013, 7:18am EST
HELSINKI (AP) -- Higher revenues and lower operational costs have helped Finnair PLC return to profit in the last three months of 2012.
The Finnish airline says Friday its net profit of EUR1.2 million ($1.6 million) came on the back of a 6 percent rise in revenue to EUR613 million compared to a year earlier, because of increased passenger traffic in Europe and Asia.
The profit contrasts with 2011's equivalent loss of EUR32 million.
Struggling with high costs and tough competition from budget airlines, Finland's national carrier has slashed personnel by more than 9 percent in a year to 6,800 and says further cuts are possible.
Finnair gave a mildly optimistic outlook saying it expects an "operational profit" in 2013.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.