Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Finnair turns a profit in Q4 after cost cuts
Friday - 2/8/2013, 7:18am EST
HELSINKI (AP) -- Higher revenues and lower operational costs have helped Finnair PLC return to profit in the last three months of 2012.
The Finnish airline says Friday its net profit of EUR1.2 million ($1.6 million) came on the back of a 6 percent rise in revenue to EUR613 million compared to a year earlier, because of increased passenger traffic in Europe and Asia.
The profit contrasts with 2011's equivalent loss of EUR32 million.
Struggling with high costs and tough competition from budget airlines, Finland's national carrier has slashed personnel by more than 9 percent in a year to 6,800 and says further cuts are possible.
Finnair gave a mildly optimistic outlook saying it expects an "operational profit" in 2013.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.