Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Finnair turns a profit in Q4 after cost cuts
Friday - 2/8/2013, 7:18am EST
HELSINKI (AP) -- Higher revenues and lower operational costs have helped Finnair PLC return to profit in the last three months of 2012.
The Finnish airline says Friday its net profit of EUR1.2 million ($1.6 million) came on the back of a 6 percent rise in revenue to EUR613 million compared to a year earlier, because of increased passenger traffic in Europe and Asia.
The profit contrasts with 2011's equivalent loss of EUR32 million.
Struggling with high costs and tough competition from budget airlines, Finland's national carrier has slashed personnel by more than 9 percent in a year to 6,800 and says further cuts are possible.
Finnair gave a mildly optimistic outlook saying it expects an "operational profit" in 2013.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.