Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Stocks retreat as weak earnings provide no joy
Thursday - 2/7/2013, 6:38pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market closed lower, and the rally which has pushed indexes close to record levels stalled.
Stocks fell as weaker earnings and worries about Europe overshadowed healthier signs for the U.S. economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average lost 42 points to 13,944 Thursday, after falling as much as 134 points earlier. The index has traded largely sideways this week, after logging its best January in almost two decades.
The Standard and Poor's 500 fell 3 points to 1,509 and the Nasdaq composite also dropped 3 points, to 3,165.
Decliner stocks outpaced advancing ones on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume of 3.53 billion shares on the New York stock Exchange was above average.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.