Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
German industrial production rises 0.3 pct in Dec
Thursday - 2/7/2013, 7:50am EST
BERLIN (AP) -- Industrial production in Germany rose 0.3 percent in December, not enough to significantly help Europe's largest economy as it ended the year on a soft note.
The Economy Ministry also said Thursday that, according to revised figures, production in November slipped by 0.2 percent -- compared with the 0.2 percent rise initially reported. That followed a 2 percent drop in October.
ING economist Carsten Brzeski said "industrial production in the last three months of 2012 disappointed and confirms the contraction of the entire economy by around 0.5 percent ... in the fourth quarter of 2012.
But, he says "even if the headline figure is no reason to become overly enthusiastic, today's industrial production data indicate that the industrial slowdown has come to an end."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.