Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Stocks erase losses and end near breakeven level
Wednesday - 2/6/2013, 5:39pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stock indexes are ending near the breakeven point on Wall Street, recovering from an early loss.
The Dow Jones industrial average ended with a gain of seven points Wednesday at 13,986. It was down as much as 66 points in the early going.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index eked out a gain of just under a point to end at 1,512. The Nasdaq composite edged down three points to 3,168.
Time Warner rose 4 percent after the company said its net income grew 51 percent in the last three months of 2012. Ralph Lauren also rose sharply after posting solid results.
Three stocks rose for every two that fell on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was about average at 3.5 billion shares.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.