Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Milestones in the Dow Jones industrial average
Friday - 2/1/2013, 5:16pm EST
(AP) - The Dow Jones industrial average has blown through 1,000-point milestones since hitting a 12-year low of 6,547 on March 9, 2009. Here are the dates of those milestones and the time between each.
_ First close above 7,000 after hitting the 12-year low: March 12, 2009.
_ First close above 8,000: April 3, 2009. Trading days since last milestone: 16.
_ First close above 9,000: July 23, 2009. Trading days since last milestone: 76.
_ First close above 10,000: Oct. 14, 2009. Trading days since last milestone: 58.
_ First close above 11,000: April 12, 2010. Trading days since last milestone: 122.
_ First close above 12,000: Feb. 1, 2011. Trading days since last milestone: 205.
_ First close above 13,000: Feb. 28, 2012. Trading days since last milestone: 270
_ First close above 14,000: Feb. 1, 2013. Trading days since last milestone: 233
Source: S&P Dow Jones Indices
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)