Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Milestones in the Dow Jones industrial average
Friday - 2/1/2013, 5:16pm EST
(AP) - The Dow Jones industrial average has blown through 1,000-point milestones since hitting a 12-year low of 6,547 on March 9, 2009. Here are the dates of those milestones and the time between each.
_ First close above 7,000 after hitting the 12-year low: March 12, 2009.
_ First close above 8,000: April 3, 2009. Trading days since last milestone: 16.
_ First close above 9,000: July 23, 2009. Trading days since last milestone: 76.
_ First close above 10,000: Oct. 14, 2009. Trading days since last milestone: 58.
_ First close above 11,000: April 12, 2010. Trading days since last milestone: 122.
_ First close above 12,000: Feb. 1, 2011. Trading days since last milestone: 205.
_ First close above 13,000: Feb. 28, 2012. Trading days since last milestone: 270
_ First close above 14,000: Feb. 1, 2013. Trading days since last milestone: 233
Source: S&P Dow Jones Indices
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)