Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
BBVA Compass: online banking 'system issues' fixed
Friday - 2/1/2013, 4:13pm EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) - BBVA Compass says it has resolved online banking problems that left many its customers unable to access funds in their bank accounts or recurring deposits such as payroll and Social Security checks for several hours.
Spokesman Thaddeus Herrick said Friday afternoon that the banking system issues that cropped up earlier the day had been resolved.
He did not elaborate on the cause of the problems.
Around midday, BBVA posted on its Facebook page that it was working to resolve system issues affecting direct deposits, online banking and phone-banking access.
About three hours later, it announced mobile banking and online systems were back up.
Customers were able to access their funds at BBVA bank branches.
BBVA Compass is the U.S. division of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA, Spain's second-largest bank.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)