Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
BBVA Compass: online banking 'system issues' fixed
Friday - 2/1/2013, 4:13pm EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) - BBVA Compass says it has resolved online banking problems that left many its customers unable to access funds in their bank accounts or recurring deposits such as payroll and Social Security checks for several hours.
Spokesman Thaddeus Herrick said Friday afternoon that the banking system issues that cropped up earlier the day had been resolved.
He did not elaborate on the cause of the problems.
Around midday, BBVA posted on its Facebook page that it was working to resolve system issues affecting direct deposits, online banking and phone-banking access.
About three hours later, it announced mobile banking and online systems were back up.
Customers were able to access their funds at BBVA bank branches.
BBVA Compass is the U.S. division of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA, Spain's second-largest bank.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)