Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
BBVA Compass: online banking 'system issues' fixed
Friday - 2/1/2013, 4:13pm EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) - BBVA Compass says it has resolved online banking problems that left many its customers unable to access funds in their bank accounts or recurring deposits such as payroll and Social Security checks for several hours.
Spokesman Thaddeus Herrick said Friday afternoon that the banking system issues that cropped up earlier the day had been resolved.
He did not elaborate on the cause of the problems.
Around midday, BBVA posted on its Facebook page that it was working to resolve system issues affecting direct deposits, online banking and phone-banking access.
About three hours later, it announced mobile banking and online systems were back up.
Customers were able to access their funds at BBVA bank branches.
BBVA Compass is the U.S. division of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA, Spain's second-largest bank.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)