Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: 32 die in Mexico blast
Friday - 2/1/2013, 11:49am EST
(AP) - GRIM SEARCH: Rescuers searched for survivors after an office building blast killed 32 people and injured 121 at the headquarters of Mexico's state-owned oil company, Petroleos Mexicanos, Pemex.
WHY? The cause of the basement explosion in an administrative building next to the 51-story Pemex tower in Mexico City remained a mystery. Early signs pointed to an area that housed electrical and air-conditioning equipment.
WORST TIME: The explosion occurred just as the administrative shift was about to end. It hit the basement and three floors, where as many as 250 people work. The floors collapsed in the 14-story building.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)