Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Economy competes with Obama agenda
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 4:20pm EST
(AP) - OLD PROBLEM: Just as President Barack Obama is pushing new initiatives on gun control and immigration, the sluggish economy is elbowing its way back in. Consumer confidence is falling, the economy is contracting and large automatic spending cuts loom, with uncertain consequences.
BIG ISSUES: Even the perception of an economic setback could weaken Obama's clout as he tries to put his imprint on immigration and gun violence.
JOBS REPORT: The January unemployment report is due Friday. The rate is expected to stay at the still-high 7.8 percent. Employment is critical to consumer confidence.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)