Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Durex launches condom delivery service in Dubai
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 10:45am EST
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Need a condom delivered to your doorstep in an hour? Then Dubai is the place to be.
Already the launching pad for American fast-food restaurants and a Canadian coffee shop, the glittering Gulf metropolis now features a service from Durex and Buzzman Middle East called SOS Condoms.
Starting this week, users can have Durex products delivered within an hour to anywhere in the city from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. Users order condoms from their smartphone or a website.
Sandrine Girard, a spokesman for Buzzman, said Thursday that the service will expand to other cities with the next city decided by a competition on SOS Condoms' Facebook page.
Dubai has strict laws on sex-related issues, but is more liberal than the rest of the Persian Gulf.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)