Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Durex launches condom delivery service in Dubai
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 10:45am EST
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Need a condom delivered to your doorstep in an hour? Then Dubai is the place to be.
Already the launching pad for American fast-food restaurants and a Canadian coffee shop, the glittering Gulf metropolis now features a service from Durex and Buzzman Middle East called SOS Condoms.
Starting this week, users can have Durex products delivered within an hour to anywhere in the city from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. Users order condoms from their smartphone or a website.
Sandrine Girard, a spokesman for Buzzman, said Thursday that the service will expand to other cities with the next city decided by a competition on SOS Condoms' Facebook page.
Dubai has strict laws on sex-related issues, but is more liberal than the rest of the Persian Gulf.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)