Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Durex launches condom delivery service in Dubai
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 10:45am EST
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Need a condom delivered to your doorstep in an hour? Then Dubai is the place to be.
Already the launching pad for American fast-food restaurants and a Canadian coffee shop, the glittering Gulf metropolis now features a service from Durex and Buzzman Middle East called SOS Condoms.
Starting this week, users can have Durex products delivered within an hour to anywhere in the city from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. Users order condoms from their smartphone or a website.
Sandrine Girard, a spokesman for Buzzman, said Thursday that the service will expand to other cities with the next city decided by a competition on SOS Condoms' Facebook page.
Dubai has strict laws on sex-related issues, but is more liberal than the rest of the Persian Gulf.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)