Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Scientific Games buying WMS
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 9:43am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - GAMING DEAL: Scientific Games Corp., an instant-win lottery ticket company, is buying gaming equipment company WMS Industries Inc. for approximately $1.42 billion. Scientific Games, which also makes video slot machines and other gaming systems, said the deal will expand its product offerings.
THE DETAILS: Scientific Games will pay $26 per WMS share. The companies put the deal's total value at approximately $1.5 billion, including $85 million in debt.
CLOSING: The acquisition is expected to close by year's end. It still needs approval from WMS shareholders.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)