Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Chrysler's plan for new cars and trucks
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 12:43pm EST
(AP) - An Alfa Romeo sports car and a Jeep Grand Cherokee update are two of the splashier models Chrysler plans to roll out by 2015. The No. 3 U.S. automaker unveiled its list of upcoming cars and truck on Wednesday. Others include:
_ A new midsize crossover SUV will replace the aging Jeep Liberty. It will get a different look and a nine-speed automatic transmission to help boost gas mileage and performance.
_ An update of the Grand Cherokee that includes an optional diesel engine, more luxurious interior and new electronics systems. It also comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
_ Update of the Jeep Compass small SUV, including a new six-speed automatic transmission and refreshed designs inside and out. A version with a manual transmission will get up to 30 mpg on the highway.
_ Nine-speed automatic transmission for Dodge Dart compact, which came out last year. One of the current six-speed automatic transmissions felt too European for American tastes and hurt sales.
_ New Ram commercial van and an update of the Ram heavy-duty pickup.
_ The new Alfa Romeo 4C will go on sale later in the year. It's a two-door, two-seater. Chrysler is owned by Italy's Fiat SpA.
_ Longer four-door version of the Fiat 500 mini car.
_ New version of the Chrysler 200 midsize sedan based on underpinnings developed with Fiat. The 200 was featured in the popular 2011 Eminem Super Bowl ad that launched the tagline "Imported from Detroit."
_ Update of unspecified Chrysler vehicle.
_ Unspecified new Jeep and Ram vehicles.
_ Updates of two Dodge vehicles, no details.
_ Three new Chrysler vehicles, including an all-new minivan. Chrysler invented the minivan in 1983 under Lee Iacocca.
_ Four new Alfa Romeo vehicles, no details.
_ As many as six new Fiat vehicles. No details given.
_ Two new Jeeps, no details.
_ One new, one updated Dodge vehicle. No details given.
_ An updated Ram vehicle, no details.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)