Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Philips to sell division, loss grows
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 6:33pm EST
(AP) - POWER SWITCH: Electronics maker Royal Philips Electronics NV is selling the division that contains many of its well-known consumer products, such as audio and video equipment, to Japan's Funai Electric Co. for about $202 million, plus licensing fees.
SEEING THE LIGHT: Philips still makes household products like coffee machines and electric toothbrushes, but it is gradually shifting away from consumer electronics manufacturing. Its cutting-edge technologies are mostly concentrated in lighting and health care equipment.
BIGGER LOSS: A big fine from European regulators dragged on its fourth-quarter results, and Philips' loss widened from the year before.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)