Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Lombardy plays kingmaker in Italy
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 12:07pm EST
(AP) - AS LOMBARDY GOES: The Italian region of Lombardy looms large over the upcoming election. With more Senate seats than any other region, its vote will have an outsized impact because no party will be able to rule without Senate control.
"ITALY'S OHIO": Lombardy's vote will likely determine whether the eurozone's third-largest economy gets the stable government it needs to tackle the economic crisis. In the past it supported the populist Northern League, but polls show the race neck-and-neck with 30 percent undecided.
WILD CARD: The former mayor of Milan is now aligned with Premier Mario Monti's centrist forces, bolstering the reformist leader's chances for a powerful role in the next government.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)