Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Key dates in the sale of Hostess brands
Monday - 1/28/2013, 4:55pm EST
(AP) - Hostess said Monday that it picked McKee Foods, the maker of Little Debbie cakes, as the lead bidder for its Drake's cakes. The fate of Twinkies and other Hostess snack cakes is still being negotiated. Here's a look at key dates in the sale of Hostess brands.
_Nov. 16, 2012: Hostess Brands Inc. declares it is going out of business after it fails to reach an agreement with striking members of its second-largest union. The company had struggled for years with management turmoil and was making its second trip through bankruptcy proceedings.
_Jan. 11: Hostess selects Flowers Foods as the lead bidder for six of its major bread brands, including Wonder. Flower Foods makes Tastykakes and bread brands including Nature's Own and Cobblestone Mill. The two bids for the bread brands include 20 bakeries and 38 depots and come to $390 million.
_Jan. 28: Hostess selects McKee Foods Corp. as the lead bidder for Drake's cakes, which include Devil Dogs, Funny Bones and Yodels. As the maker of Little Debbie snack cakes, McKee has been a longtime rival of Hostess.
_Next: Hostess is expected to announce the lead bidders for the rest of its snack cake and bread brands, including Twinkies.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)