Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Chile wants focus on brighter side
Friday - 1/25/2013, 12:05pm EST
(AP) - SHINY SURFACE: Leaders at this weekend's economic summit will likely see only one side of Chile _ the upscale country with five-star hotels in a sparkling financial district nicknamed "Sanhattan," far from Santiago's slums.
COPPER TONE: The world's top copper producer is seen as probably the best managed economy in Latin America because of its strong growth and policies that make it an investor's paradise.
DICTATOR'S LEGACY: Critics say policies launched under former dictator Augusto Pinochet are still blocking urgent social reform and fostering inequality. Slum dwellers have a perfect view of elegant mansions, soaring skyscrapers and luxury car dealerships.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)