Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
United Airlines to cut 600 jobs
Thursday - 1/24/2013, 12:58pm EST
CHICAGO (AP) - United Airlines is cutting about 600 jobs as it aims to keep costs in line with reductions in flying.
The airline says the job cuts will include buyouts and layoffs. Some open positions won't be filled.
The cuts are spread around the company's locations, although many are expected to happen in Chicago. That's where United is based and where it has one of its biggest hubs at O'Hare International Airport. The positions being cut are in management and administration.
The layoffs come as United reports a loss of $723 million for last year. It's reducing flying this year, which is one reason for the layoffs.
Spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says United cut 4 senior officers last month, out of about 50 at the company. The company employs about 84,000 people worldwide.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)