Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: 6 tips on paying down holiday debt
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 5:56pm EST
(AP) - DEBT HANGOVER: Many consumers rack up credit card debt shopping during the holiday season and then face mounting bills in the new year. If that sounds like you, there are many strategies to get you on the path of detoxing your finances this year.
FIRST STEP: Experts say borrowers should review credit card bills, bank statements and other accounts to take stock of the damage. Also get a copy of your credit report.
OTHER TIPS: Pay more than the minimum payment on cards. Consider transferring balances to lower-interest cards. Also stick to a budget while you pay down your debt.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)