Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: United Tech 4Q profit down, sales up
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 3:25pm EST
(AP) - THE NEWS: United Technologies Corp. fourth-quarter earnings from continuing operations slid 26 percent on charges, but the manufacturing conglomerate posted double-digit revenue growth.
THE NUMBERS: The parent of jet engine maker Pratt & Whitney and Otis elevators posted net income from continuing operations was $945 million, or $1.04 per share, meeting Wall Street expectations. Revenue totaled $16.44 billion for the October-December quarter.
THE OUTLOOK: United Technologies maintained its 2013 profit and revenue outlook, adding that it doesn't expect an impact from the investigation of the Boeing Dreamliner 787. The company's Hamilton Sundstrand unit is a parts supplier for the grounded aircraft.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)