Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: CEO says Sony on track for comeback
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 1:22pm EST
(AP) - COMEBACK KID: The head of Sony Corp. said the struggling electronics and entertainment company is making progress on its comeback and is determined to "wow" people with new products.
LASER FOCUS: Kazuo Hirai, who took the helm of the company nine months ago, said Sony is now more nimble and focused and plans to target customers willing to pay more for its televisions and cellphones.
STUCK IN THE RED: The Japanese company has lost money for the past four years and has fallen behind Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. in innovation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)