Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: CEO says Sony on track for comeback
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 1:22pm EST
(AP) - COMEBACK KID: The head of Sony Corp. said the struggling electronics and entertainment company is making progress on its comeback and is determined to "wow" people with new products.
LASER FOCUS: Kazuo Hirai, who took the helm of the company nine months ago, said Sony is now more nimble and focused and plans to target customers willing to pay more for its televisions and cellphones.
STUCK IN THE RED: The Japanese company has lost money for the past four years and has fallen behind Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. in innovation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)