Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Ford shows pickup concept in Detroit
Tuesday - 1/15/2013, 12:38pm EST
AP Auto Writer
DETROIT (AP) - Ford is trying to keep its rivals at bay with a concept that hints at the look of the next F-Series pickup.
The Ford Atlas _ unveiled Tuesday at the Detroit auto show _ has a chiseled design and a bigger, more elaborate grille.
Ford is emphasizing fuel economy. The Atlas has shutters on the grille and wheels that close automatically, improving aerodynamics. The new truck will also weigh several hundred pounds less and have a more efficient engine.
Ford won't say when the new truck will go on sale, but it's likely to be a 2015 model.
But the company wants buyers to know what's coming as competition heats up in the pickup market. General Motors is bringing out new pickups this spring and the Ram is also newer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)