Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ford shows pickup concept in Detroit
Tuesday - 1/15/2013, 12:38pm EST
AP Auto Writer
DETROIT (AP) - Ford is trying to keep its rivals at bay with a concept that hints at the look of the next F-Series pickup.
The Ford Atlas _ unveiled Tuesday at the Detroit auto show _ has a chiseled design and a bigger, more elaborate grille.
Ford is emphasizing fuel economy. The Atlas has shutters on the grille and wheels that close automatically, improving aerodynamics. The new truck will also weigh several hundred pounds less and have a more efficient engine.
Ford won't say when the new truck will go on sale, but it's likely to be a 2015 model.
But the company wants buyers to know what's coming as competition heats up in the pickup market. General Motors is bringing out new pickups this spring and the Ram is also newer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)