Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Ford shows pickup concept in Detroit
Tuesday - 1/15/2013, 12:38pm EST
AP Auto Writer
DETROIT (AP) - Ford is trying to keep its rivals at bay with a concept that hints at the look of the next F-Series pickup.
The Ford Atlas _ unveiled Tuesday at the Detroit auto show _ has a chiseled design and a bigger, more elaborate grille.
Ford is emphasizing fuel economy. The Atlas has shutters on the grille and wheels that close automatically, improving aerodynamics. The new truck will also weigh several hundred pounds less and have a more efficient engine.
Ford won't say when the new truck will go on sale, but it's likely to be a 2015 model.
But the company wants buyers to know what's coming as competition heats up in the pickup market. General Motors is bringing out new pickups this spring and the Ram is also newer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)